Thursday, June 27, 2013

Almost home ....

Well, it was a tough last day in Rome.  I foolishly had a few too many things on my person to keep track of, and I either lost my cell phone or someone helped themselves to it from my cargo pants pocket.  If the latter, I think it was on a very crowded shuttle from Piazza del Popolo to Piazza del Venezia, where people were pressed all against me and I needed to use both hands to keep myself steady.

While it will definitely cost me $$ to replace the (uninsured) phone, it is the content, some video and photos of Dick that I am worried sick about.  I can't be sure they were backed up to my laptop (complicated reasons why I don't sync my Iphone as often as I probably ought.  Sigh).

My friend Joe Crook pointed out that my content may still be accessible via the ICloud since I'd moved to an Iphone 5 recently and content defaults to being stored there.  Here's hoping.....

So, I need some moments of gratitude to help my perspective.....

-- thank you Joe for replying so quickly about the Icloud.  My mind is a bit more at ease.
-- thank you Paul for dropping me off and picking me up too!  Can't wait ........
-- thank you Marta and Wally for the wonderful *gift* of staying with your family in Italy
-- thank you Mitch and Amy for giving us a raison d'voyage!
-- thank you to my boss, Lisa, for her supporting my taking this trip
-- thank you weather for being so good!
-- thank you to my poor abused knees, shins and feet -- you were put thru quite a lot of walking, climbing/descending and standing!
-- and while I will acknowledge the cell phone thing has really bummed me out, that was the only unpleasant encounter that I've had.  Everywhere, people have been helpful, honest and a couple times made sure I did not forget a bag, etc.   I have been well taken care of this trip by the people of Italy.

Next time I write, I will be in the good old USA!  

No comments: